Ms. Wafaa Helmi Ayesh
Clinical Nutrition Department
Dubai Health Authority-Dubai
United Arab Emirates
Ms. Wafaa Helmi Ayesh is the Director of Clinical Nutrition Department for Dubai Health Authority-Dubai
She has completed her B.Sc in Public Health/Nutrition from medical Allied Sciences Yarmouk University, Jordan in 1985 and thereafter done her Masters in Food Science and Nutrition from Clayton University –USA in 2003
She has The European ESPEN Diploma from European Society for Clinical Nutrition and Metabolism – France on 8th September 2010
She also has the Diploma in Therapeutic Nutrition Modules (Nutritional Management of Obesity – Nutritional Care in ICU & CCU, Nutrition in Cardiovascular Diseases, Hypertension and Hyperlipidemia from National Nutrition Institute WHO Collaborating Centre Training & Development Unit – Egypt from 13 Dec 2003 – 8 Jan 2004
Ms. Wafaa has set the Accredited Curriculum in the Faculty of Allied Health Sciences, University of Sharjah (Clinical Nutrition Department). Also is Adjunct and Advisory Board Member for Clinical Nutrition Department in University of Sharjah and Part-time lecturer from 2006 till date.
She is a member of the following Associations:
- Member for Diploma in Nutrition from March 2012 till date
- Member in National Committee for Iodine Deficiency from February 2012 till date.
- Member for National Task Force (National project for control of Diabetes) since November 2010 till date.
- Member in Health & Nutrition Magazine & Consultant in UAE since 2002 till date
- Member for Friend for Diabetes in UAE 2009 till date
- ASPEN (American Society of Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition) from 2005 till date
- A member in the Scientific Committee in the Arab Children Health Congress from 2006 till 2009
- Member in ADA (American Dietetic Association) 2006 till date
- Member in international Diabetic Dietetics Association 2006 till date
- Member in International Dietitians Leadership Management Association 2006 till date
- Member in International Obesity Dietetics Association 2006 till date
- Member in Obesity Task Force 2003
- Member & founder for Sweet Kidz Group in UAE 2003 till date